Today I am getting ready to leave this house. I’m packing my things to move somewhere with much better utilities, and no cracks in its white plastered walls. Still I will miss the memories from this house. Sometimes being such a sentimental person can be hard. I like change, but as soon as it begins it’s hard to imagine having fun with it. To be honest, I will still probably sneak down to this house and steal some of its fruit, especially since the mangoes weren’t very good last year. But I’m excited to live in a place that will easily hold more people, where I can host and give them good food and memorable times with great pride. Here’s to bigger, not necessarily better things. To change. To home-making. To cleaning out and starting fresh. To new memories made in House 6. After all, it is only a few meters away. How difficult could it be?
1. Painting on the front porch.
2. Patchi taking me to the emergency room when I almost cut my toe off. Where would I be without her? She's the order to my chaotic lifestyle.
3. Karaoke singing & dancing with the Aspire girls.
4. Trying to keep my puppy contained in the back yard.
5. Being roommates with Ari in a very tiny room on our huge loft beds. Praying together every night.
6. Making Marula Beer.
7. Watching Chuck, Harry Potter, & Star Wars (pausing frequently to ask for background info.) with Laura.
8. Trying to decorate on a budget of R0.
9. Having Aspire, the Interns, & the Staff under one roof. Fun, interesting, & hard.
10. Hosting Midweek.
11. Finally getting to show Rachel & Jesse where I've been living the past 2 years.
12. Trying to cook on a 2 burner counter-top stove alongside 5 other people.
13. Cramming an entire team into my room to hang out so we wouldn't wake anyone up.
14. Sleepovers in neighboring rooms.
15. Move nights.
16. Hosting volunteers from all over the world.
17. My mom cooking in my kitchen while my dad read from my stack of magazines in the living room.
18. Watching stars & Embon lights on the back stairs.